Friday, February 21, 2014

Time for a Cuppa?

Nothing kicks me into high gear like an upcoming swap on Ravelry!  (By the way... if you knit or crochet.. and you don't know what Ravelry is, you need to head on over and check it out!!!)  Crafty-wise... there is nothing I like more than to sew/knit/craft the perfect package to send out to my swap partner.
 
The "Just Add Water" swap in the Ewe LaLa group on Ravelry was certainly no exception.  The idea was to come up with a tea-themed package that would delight its recipient :).  First... the tea cozy!  My swap partner's kitchen has touches of lime green... so I went with the reversible Emily Tea Cozy pattern in cream and lime green.  I knit the front and back pieces 2-at-a-time magic loop.  This is my very favorite way to knit something that has more than one identical piece, because you are assured that they are exactly the same size, and you only have to read the chart once!
 

 

 
Next, I knit up a sweet little dishcloth (also in lime green) using 100% cotton, with a cute teapot motif, "Tea Pot Dishcloth by Rachel van Schie"
 
 


 
 
Of course, I also included lots of other fun hand-mades, some yummy tea, and scrumptious yarn....
 


 
However, I think one my very favorite things to make was the embroidered tea towel :) (also in lime green, of course!). 
 


Just in case you would like to embroider your own sweet little tea party towel, I've included a link to my free pattern below (just click the picture).  Have a cuppa on me!
 
 
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74477577/Strawberry%20Tea%20Embroidery%20Pattern.pdf




11 comments:

  1. I think my swappee was pleased :) I sure enjoy putting together fun things like this around a theme... makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the free! I love tea, and this pattern is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muito obrigado pelo bordado, minha cozinha ficará feliz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this delicious embroidery pattern. What a cozy picture. Mine might end up in a quilt block. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the free embroidery pattern. Great swap package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lime, and the design is terrific. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pattern, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this pattern
    Very beautiful gift
    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie!

    I'm putting together a round-up post for thespruce.com, and I'd like to include your tea embroidery pattern in the list. I hope it's okay for me to use one of your photos. I will, of course, credit and link to your post

    Thanks!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete