Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Got Yarn?

I needed yet another project bag idea for a kitty lover... and found this adorable pattern by Shiny Happy World (click on the picture to order your own copy of the pattern):

Image of Cats embroidery pattern PDF
Pattern & Picture by Shiny Happy World

I traced the four kitties onto a square of muslin, backed by fusible fleece (to add padding to my finished bag, and hide those pesky embroidery tails) and added a little slogan to the bottom as well :)

 
 
I topped it off with some kitty backing fabric, a cute pink polka dot interior, snapping yarn guide, padded handle, and top zipper.
 

You can see the snapping yarn guide here... basically it is just a strip of finished fabric with two of my favorite kinds of snaps (using my snap press) so that you can place your project yarn through the snapped loop, and keep your yarn ball from pulling out of your bag at an inopportune moment (like... in the middle of your bus ride, lol).  The snap means that you can change out your project at will without having to snip your yarn.  It also works really well to keep your scissors handy, or to put a safety pin of stitch markers, etc on.


Here's a peek at some of the other goodies I included in this swap package (I might need to make one of these for myself someday!)

 






No comments:

Post a Comment