Monday, July 16, 2012

Triangle Bags, Fingerless Gloves & a Wallet... OH MY!

Time for the next round of swapping in the Ravelry $10 Dollar Swap group... and this time the theme is "Project Bags" (which, of course, I am totally in love with, lol!)  My chosen swapee expressed an interest in a triangle shaped project bag, and I found a lovely little tutorial for one here by Robin Quilts.
[logo+square.jpg]
The basic design is the same as any other little zippered bag, except that on a triangle bag you sew one end flat, and the other end perpendicular -- making the triangle shape.  Here is my completed bag (you can see the lining in the second picture)



This little zippered bag is the perfect size for toting around a pair of socks (in progress).  I included some handmade items as well; a pair of fingerless mitts in a lovely heathered purple with a fun trim, and one of my felted wallets.  I made some snagless stitch markers, printed up one of my knitting guides, and a "Knitter's Emergency Candy Kit" (I used skittles this time, since July is a little too hot to be sending chocolate in the mail), added some Harlequin Debbie Norville sock yarn, a package of darning needles, a rectractable measuring tape and a package of buttons to round out my package. 


This package is going into the mail tonight, and I hope it brings a smile to my recipient's face when she receives it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment