Monday, May 21, 2012

A Bevy of Project Bags

Well... this year I learned how to knit fair isle, completed my first shawl, and dyed my own yarn.......... what next?  Why, a knitting swap on Ravelry of course!  And while I was at it, I packaged up a couple of mini-swaps for some friends so they will have a welcome suprise in their mailbox this week. 

Using this tutorial from "In Color Order", I cut out and sewed several of these drawstring knitting project bags, complete with inner yarn guide (to keep your ball of yarn from pulling out mid-project) and an outer loop to store some handmade stitch markers.



Here are some close-ups of each of the individual, fully lined bags, with coordinating stitch markers:




The dragon themed bag has a coordinating "Wonder Wallet" from Lazy Girl Designs, with some knitting themed mini-charts tucked inside.  Here are all of the fun goodies I sent along with the dragon bag:


I also sewed up a Japanese Knot Bag using this pattern from AllPeopleQuilt.com (do NOT use the Martha Stewart Japanese Knot bag instructions....... do not, do not, do not......) I also included the lovely fabric flower from this tutorial by WiseCraft, and an accessory pouch and sock needle case.





After I sent my package off to my recipient, I recieved this package from my "secret" swapper; a coffee-themed bag based on my coffee obsession and two (2!) bars of Dove chocolate...




I also had fun typing up some handy knitting charts (that you can laminate and stash in your project bag) and a "Knitting Emergency Kit" that comes with a poem and a small bag of M&M candies.  You can download both of these goodies from DropBox by clicking on the pictures below.  Happy Knitting!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment