Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wee Ones!

I'm branching out! Into knitted toys, that is, lol!  I've never really been that interested in knitting toys.... the thought of making and seaming all of those little pieces had no appeal to me.  Enter Susan B. Anderson's new class on Craftsy:  "Wee Ones:  Seamless Knit Toys".




No seaming... every piece is simply knitted on by picking up stitches (head to body), or done as a top-down raglan sweater (body & arms).  The legs, in this case, were put on almost like an afterthought thumb on a glove.  Very easy, very cute, and very fun!  This was a fantastic course, and I would reccomend it to anyone that has been interested in toy making.

I picked up some Martha Stewart Crafts Extra Soft Wool Blend yarn the other day.... love this stuff!So soft.... almost with a hint/sheen of cotton. 

And after only a couple of days..... ta-dah!  Two little wee ones, with a matching stripey sweater (also included in the class).  I love that the little heads on these cute toys can't be pulled off, because they are knit right onto the body.  I can see these as adorable baby shower gifts (The elephant with a copy of "Barbur" maybe?  Or the bunny with "Somebunny Loves You".... yes.  Just darling!)








No comments:

Post a Comment