Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rainbow (Pirate) Socks

I've been making stockinette socks (first via dpn's, and recently with magic loop) ever since I found Kelley's Sock Class (FREE!) on YouTube.  This class is what really got me into knitting in the first place.  After you watch her demonstrate the different parts of a sock, and listen to her refer time and time again about how ANYONE can do this... you start to believe her, lol!  Anyways.... I wanted to change things up a bit, and try out some kind of pattern for this fun yarn I bought from KnitPicks (Rainbow Felici)


I came across this free pattern on Ravelry, "Hermione's Socks", with a simple 4 row pattern repeat.


The verdict?  Not too bad.. after a while the pattern repeat became second nature.  It did take a little more thinking (especially in social situations...), but my lovely recipient was more than pleased with the ultra-bright outcome!



AND... I even had enough left over to make some matching ones for little sister (just plain stockinette this time, though).  The conversation went a little something like this...

{Mommy} "Look, Little E... your rainbow socks are ALL DONE!" {Little E, gleefully} "FANK YOU mommy! Little E weally needed some PIWATE SOCKS! YES! That's a GWEAT idea!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment