Sunday, June 3, 2012

Recycled Monster

I love getting mail on Ravelry..... it's almost as much fun as getting "real" mail in the mailbox, lol!  But this time, I received a lovely suprise from Betsy (enw001) for sharing my "Un-Raveled Ball Bands" --The "Coin Pocket Monster Fish" pattern from my Ravelry queue!


I couldn't wait to get started :)....... and I had the perfect, feltable wool yarn that I had just reclaimed from this Abercrombie and Fitch sweater (another Goodwill find!)



Besides... it has been the week of disapointing knitting (you know... the kind you are all excited about at the start... and then as it progresses, you realize how it just isn't turning out quite the way you had envisioned), so I needed some "knitting therapy reinforcement".  This cute little guy turned out to be just the thing!

Here he is, pre-felting (kind of looks like a big-mouth frog... doesn't he?)


As for the felting... well..... let's just say that I have never felted anything before (on purpose), and I wasn't quite sure how long this whole process was going to take.  Per the pattern directions, I decided to do it by hand in a bowl of soapy water.  I had to leave it alone for just a second, and this is what I found when I came back to the table;


Everyone wanted in on the action, lol!  Luckily, this was something where a lot of swishing, rubbing, and dunking was EXACTLY what I needed, so my little helpers had a blast!

Putting that zipper in wasn't exactly a picnic either... but I finally prevailed, and here is the finished product (modeled by another of mommy's little helpers!)



No comments:

Post a Comment