Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hybrid Goodness

I’ll admit it … I have a weakness for chocolate, and I think that it makes the perfect gift! I wanted to dress up some Hershey's miniatures as a gift for my hubby's grandmother.


Here’s what I used to get started:


I started by creating labels to wrap around my miniatures. I opened a new 8 1/2 x 11 inch document in Photoshop Elements and created a template for my miniature wrappers. Then I had fun choosing my papers and embellishments from the collab kit {Mod Garden}. After creating each label, I merged it down, and copied it three times (for a total of 12 labels) Here’s a screenshot:

I decided to use my circle element to create a tag to attach to my bag, as well as a crocheted flower from the kit. After printing and cutting out all of my pieces I wrapped each miniature (securing with my Pioneer extra strong glue stick). Then I dressed up my circle design that would be the highlight on the top of my bag. First I adhered it to a slightly larger cardstock circle, and then placed my flower on with a pop-dot. I stuffed the bag with my wrapped nuggets, and some cream shredded paper, and then attached my tag with some coordinating ribbons.

Here's a template (in .psd form) if you want to whip up your own wrappers! Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. thanks for the template :) I love your lil gift bag of chocolates! I bet she loved...or is going to love them! How sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete